Waikiki Beach Surf Lessons

Who’s the best local surf instructor for kids on Waikiki Beach?

0 Likes

There’s lots of surf shops in Waikiki, most of it are pretty good. just make sure talk to the surf instructor first to make sure they are patient with kids.

If people approach you on the street, make sure to check their instructor license and CPR license.

Moku’s, Big Wave Dave, Mika’s surf school are good local business.

2 Likes

Thanks @BB_Henna,

What’s the best time of day to have a lesson at Waikiki Beach? Does it matter if it’s a weekend or weekday? Thanks!

0 Likes

I have known many instructors for Hans Hedemann surf school on Kapahulu Avenue.
They have the most seasoned instructors and the employees.
I would highly recommend taking your kids to Hans Hedemann surf school.
I myself am an avid surfer and also a mother, I would trust them with my little ones to learn surfing.
I’ve also taken my out of town friends to the school and they all learned to surf in the shortest amount of time I’ve ever known possible.

Aloha
Radha

3 Likes

One of the best surf instructors for kids is Micah at Mikey’s Surf School. Ask anybody on Waikiki Beach and they’ll know him.

2 Likes

I personally like early mornings and prefer weekdays, less people in the water and less chance to get sunburned.

Aloha

0 Likes

Sparky is a local Hawaiian surfer who specializes in kids surf lessons, but is awesome with everyone really! check him out he’s a legend :sunglasses: www.sparkyssurfschool.com

1 Like