What’s the best travel insurance for Aussies headed to Hawaii & why?
The US Travel Insurance companies do not sell the insurance to the foreign travelers.
You should purchase the insurance at your country.
Here’s a summary from our Aussie’s Guide to Hawaii Facebook Group.
- Cover-More Direct, “super easy online application”
- Travel Insurance Direct (TID), “never had an issue in over 15 years”
- AAMI Travel Insurance
- Kogan, “very cheap”
- Allianz, “I’ve used them for years and always been really happy,” “cheaper, more coverage, & cheaper adventure pack coverage”
- 1Cover, “really good, had to claim twice and never an issue,” We always use it and found them very good”
- Australia Post, “used discount code TRAVEL10 for 10% off. Always pay excess upfront, had two claims & both an easy process.”
- Insure and Go, “get a discount using Groupon20 (20% off)”
- CommBank Travel Insurance, “Free as a bonus with credit card”
- Southern Cross Travel Insurance, “never had a hiccup with them”
- NRMA, “you get a discount if you have house and contents insurance with them
- RACQ, "good if you’re a member & give a great discount, easy to deal with and reliable. Dependents under 25 get free coverage
- InsureandGo, good price & comprehensive cover
- Check Choice.com for good advice.
- Make sure you carefully read it’s policy and know exactly what it covers. Cheapest isn’t always the best.
- Consider a credit card with free travel insurance, sometimes they cover extended family too.