What a good full day tour to do to see the island?
In general, here’s what you’ll see on a “circle island tour.”
- Leave Waikiki around 8am
- Drive by Kapiolani Park & view of Diamond Head Crater
- Stop for ocean view at Diamond Head Lookout
- Drive by Koko Head Crater & Hanauma Bay
- Pass Sandy Beach
- Beautiful view at Makapu’u Lookout
- Stop at Macadamia Farm for samples of coffee, chocolate & macadamia nuts
- Drive by Kualoa Ranch (filming location for most movies, including Jurassic Park)
- Coastal drive up to the North Shore
- Stop at Sunset Beach / Pipeline / or Waimea Bay
- Stop to see sea turtles, and some tours will take you snorkelling
- Local style plate lunch at a shrimp shack, usually with shave ice
- Stop at Dole Plantation
- An hour drive back to Waikiki, usually arriving by 4pm
That’s just a general idea of what most of the tours do, but whether you do more or less, get out of the vehicle or pass by is specific to the tour and worth asking about.
Make sure you do some kind of circle island tour if you haven’t, and do it early in your trip. It really does help get an idea of what there is to see on Oahu.
Aloha, check out Kevosbeachbus.com We offer a Special discount Promo code “matesrate” when booking online 25% discount on both Gold & Standard packages. This tour is for all those who want a full day outside the vehicle on Oahu’s North Shore, plenty beach time, Pipeline beach, Waimea bay, Puaena point(1hr snorkel with turtles) lunch stop Tsues farm for local style lunch choices & our 1hr paddle boards/kayak and a stop at Dole plantation on our way back to Waikiki 730am-430pm. Dont pass or drive by our north shore when you can “get out” play, get salty & sandy! Check out our reviews Facebook & TripAdvisor. Aloha & mahalo’s, Kevo