My Dream Hawaiian Holiday

What does (or did) your dream Hawaiian holiday look like?

I’ve had many trips to beautiful Oahu over the past three years and I realise I’m blessed to go so often. All of my visits have been different yet I fall in love with the islands all over again while meeting new & wonderful people along the way.

I’ve stayed in 3, 4 and 5 star hotels, done private tours, dined with locals, dined alone, met turtles, shopped till I dropped, swum in Waikiki, hiked to beautiful waterfalls, walked along Kalakaua Ave taking in the nightlife, eaten cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, sipped cocktails at Dukes, enjoyed many a luau, eaten poke, and watched sunsets and sunrises that make my soul soar and heart sing.

But if I had a dream holiday in Hawaii it would look like this:

A limousine would collect us from the airport in the morning with a range of cold fresh fruit and a mimosa for us to enjoy as we travel into Waikiki. A personal concierge would check us in to the Alohilani Resort penthouse and we would unpack after showering and head out to the lanai (which wraps around our suite with 180deg views of Waikiki) for some lunch.

After a leisurely afternoon wandering around the beach and popping into some of our favourite shops we would head up to Top of Waikiki for dinner. Then an early night to reset our bodies and kick the jetlag.

Over the next few days we would do private tours around the island visiting Kailua and Lanikai beach, the north shore, some turtles, mango farms and seeing dolphins in their natural environment.

We would then fly to Maui and do a helicopter tour of the island and spend the night at the Four Seasons. We’d have a private candlelight dinner on the beach listening to the waves and whispering sweet nothings. There’s probably diamonds involved.

The next day we enjoy a spot of shopping in Wailea and enjoy lunch at the Gannons.

Returning back to Oahu we this time stay at the gorgeous Kahala Resort where we dine like kings and queens at their gorgeous restaurants while enjoying the more peaceful environment just away from Waikiki. Spas, massages and total pampering fill a whole day while we feast on fresh fruit and seafood.

We hike up Diamond Head with a handful of local friends and enjoy a picnic lunch while taking in the amazing sights.

Our final day is spent with friends snorkling at Hanauma Bay and then dining at Michel’s French restaurant in Honolulu.

Finally our limousine arrives to collect us for the airport to return home.

(Can I add in here that a customs officer surprises me with a free visa to live in Hawaii forever? Now that would be a dream come true!)

Aloha!

Have fun in Hawaii
Juliette - Sound Asleep

2 Likes