Hawaii shopping prices

Heard Hawaii is really expensive, but that it also has good shopping. How are the prices as far as shopping goes?

0 Likes

From a kiwi (New Zealand) perspective the cost of shopping in Hawaii is relative to the exchange rate. My first trip the dollar was 0.82c so it was amazing. Right now its around 0.65c so less amazing. What is amazing is that you can buy things you can’t get back home. And certainly the outlet shops where you can get things like Coach and Michael Kors bags for 70% less than in NZ … or actually get them at all (we get very little choice down here) makes it all worth it. Macys is a fantastic department store for a range of things including well priced corporate Calvin Klein dresses (and sportswear).

0 Likes

Take a bunch of cash. Shopping is addictive in Hawaii. The shoes are also amazing. Nike, Michael Kors heels, Coach, Jimmy Choo if you have the cash. I got a pair of Nine West white flats that are gorgeous for $4.95 (they would have been easily $200 here … or cost me that to get a similar shoe in NZ).

0 Likes

The other perspective is Ross’s outlets which are everywhere on the island including right in Waikiki. It’s like a huge outlet full of thousands of pieces of clothing. Its true bargain hunting so take your patience. Some examples - I got a gorgeous Calvin Klein dress for around NZ$50 (USD$35 at the time) which easily would have been 4 times the price - if we could even buy it at home. You can pick up designer handbags from $5-99USD. There are shoes ranging from $5 - $60USD. I’ve seen Levis for USD$15. Tons of sportswear, dresses, bags, luggage … you name it. All for bargain clearance prices. Oh and they have perfume and housewares are upstairs. (In the Waikiki branch)

0 Likes