Tips for Diamond Head hike? Heard it’s pretty easy.
Here are some tips for you…
- Go early, it get’s pretty hot.
- Wear walking shoes - no flip flops or high heels!
- If you’re asthmatic bring an inhaler/puffer.
- Bring water.
- Jeans not recommended.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Bring a camera and selfie stick - the view of Waikiki is amazing!
- Bring a hat.
- Stop along the way and enjoy the different views.
- Consider stopping for food or shave ice on Monsarrat Ave on the way back.
- You can avoid the steep staircase by going to the left (You’ll understand when you see it.)
- Stop by Health Bar on Monsarrat on the way back to pick up a mana bowl (Acai bowl) or go to Bogart’s Cafe for eggs Benedict.
Here’s how to hike Diamond Head.
Diamond Head hike is good for all levels. It’s easy and short hike, takes about 30 mins to go to the top.
open at 6am to 6pm, last entrance to hike the trail is at 4:30 pm.
Make sure to bring some cash, its $1 per person, $5 per car.